Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    In the paper they said they hoped that word of mouth about them being open and it being race weekend they would fill up this weekend.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    I just looked online and it looked like there were a bunch. The just didn't get the word out quick enough and the steep prices are going to drive most people away anyway. I know it is new and all but when you can go to Super 8 or Days Inn for at least $40 cheaper a night. It shows their room rates right now from $99 to $159, in NORTON, we aren't the worlds biggest tourist area, hardly anybody is going to pay those type of rates.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    u got that right i mean it is just for sleeping anyway why pay that much just to sleep, when i got out of town and stay in hotel i usually pay between $40-60 and that is in cities where there is actually stuff to do, not the big city of norton or wise co for that matter

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    I think they can charge more than the other 3 hotels, however, not by $40. The bar makes a world of difference to some and will pay extra for those amenities. After a couple of months of noone staying there you will see the rates drop to $50-$99 a night I would imagine.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GCHSBLUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they can charge more than the other 3 hotels, however, not by $40. The bar makes a world of difference to some and will pay extra for those amenities. <span style="color: #FF0000">After a couple of months of noone staying there you will see the rates drop to $50-$99 a night I would imagine.</span> </div></div>

    Man at those rates it would be a bargain. I might even consider this for a vacation destination. Much cheaper than the beach. This would be better than the Scott County bed and breakfast.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    looks like those rates are for race weekend??? I found this

    " EFFECTIVE 16 MARCH, 2008 THRU 17 MARCH, 2008"

    I checked for April and it is like $15 cheaper. Still up there but race weekend had an effect on the rate
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    so price gauging way to get customers to come back!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    I'd say most every place raises their prices on race weekend if they expect more people to stay. I see it no different that a summer vacation spot raising their price in their peak time and lower prices out of season. I'm sure a room at the beach is more expensive in June than it is in November.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: wonder if the Holiday Inn sold out?

    On race we weekend the whole area around Bristol becomes the price gauging capitol of the world.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •